Your CV has been submitted for a role you really want, and you have been invited to interview. Well done!
At the end of the interview, there’s always a section where the employer asks “have you got any questions for us”? This is where most people’s minds go blank and they say no and get ready to leave.
Remember the interview is a 2-way process! They are interviewing you for the role they think you can fulfill, but you are also interviewing them as a prospective employer. You wouldn’t buy a house without asking questions, so don’t take on a role without asking some key questions too!
Below are a few questions you can have up your sleeve to ask at interview. Don’t ask them all, but choose a few that you feel would really give you the information you require to enable you to make the decision on whether to accept the role or not (should it be offered).
- What do YOU think is the best thing about working for this company?
- Why has the position become available?
- What can I expect from you in terms of support, development and motivation?
- What is the management culture like within this company?
- All companies have values. What would you say is the number one value of this company?
- I like to use my initiative – would this be welcomed in this role?
- What opportunities are there for promotion within this company?
- Should I be successful in my interview, when will I hear back from you?
- What does this company do, to show it values its employees?
- Killer question: What one thing can I tell you about myself; that will convince you that I am the right person for the job?