How do you determine what your goals are? By getting CLARITY about EXACTLY what you want to achieve, coupled with a plan of how you are going to get there. Letting nothing stand in your way or knock you off track. Use these 7 steps to get you to your next goal.
- Get Clear. People with clear written goals achieve much more in life. Write your goal down (most important). Articulate it, see it, feel it, hear it. Write it down clearly and IN DETAIL.
- Set a Deadline. If it’s a large goal break it down and give every section a specific date to be finished by. Especially the end date for the finished goal!
- Get List Happy! Make a list of everything you need to do to get to the end goal. These actions will form the road map of how you are going to get there.
- Re-jig that list into a logical sensible order. What needs to be done first, then second, then 3rd etc.? There will be a logical sequence here. TOP TIP: I like to write each one on a sticky note and then move them around into a logical sequence.
- Ready, Set Go! Do the first thing on the list to get you started and energize yourself with your goal progress.
- Rinse & Repeat! Every day, revisit the list and do the next step. And every day revisit the goal and really engage with your ‘WHY’. Why is this important to you? Revisit those feelings you are going to get when you achieve that goal!
- Review and Celebrate Success. Keep reviewing the goal – you may find you can knock some steps out, (or you may need to add a few in). At each milestone don’t forget to congratulate yourself on your progress and celebrate success.
Congratulations!! By doing this method you’ve put yourself into the Top 3% of Achievers. This is what achievers do to accomplish so much more in their lives.
Get ready to be awesome!